To play audio in the glossary, you must have a player installed that will play mp3 files.
How do I check my system requirements?
If you are having problems viewing all the content in the course because you have to scroll right and left to see
all the content, you may need to change your screen resolution or screen size. To check the screen resolution
(screen size) of your computer:
- In Windows, click the Start button, then select Settings, then Control Panel.
- The Control Panel window will open. Double-click on the Display icon.
- This will then open the Display Properties for your computer. Select the Settings tab, and in the Screen
Area section of the box, move the guide to 1024x768 pixels for optimum viewing of content.
- Click Apply. Your system may ask if it can resize your desktop. Click OK.
- You will be prompted that Windows has resized your desktop, and asked if you want to keep this setting.
- Click Yes.
- Click OK once more to close your Display Properties box, and then close your Control Panel window as well.
How can I check my browser?
A browser is an online software program that allows you to view web pages. Note: we recommend Internet Explorer
to take full advantage of the course features. To check your browser version in Internet Explorer:
- Click Help menu on the browser toolbar (toolbar at top of page)
- Select "About Internet Explorer"
- A popup window will open and you will see the Internet Explorer version you currently have installed. If you have
a version lower than 6.0 you can go to System Requirement in the course and click on the link to download the
Version 6.0 or above.
To check your browser version in Firefox:
- Click Help menu on the browser toolbar (toolbar at top of page).
- Select "About Mozzila Firefox"
- A popup window will open and you will see the Firefox version you currently have installed. If you have a
version lower than 2, click the Firefox link below to download a newer version. Firefox
What are plug-ins and why do I need them?
Plug-ins are online software programs that expand the capabilities of your browser. In this course the plug-ins
allow you to play audio, view animations, and see reports. Some plug-ins require that you restart your computer
before they will work. If you have problems viewing any graphics, animations or hearing audio, you can click on
the plug-in links in the Systems Requirements.
What are cookies?
Cookies are session information data files written to your computer by your browser to help you keep track of
where you left off when you were last working on the course as well as for grades that are written to reports.
If your bookmarks are not working properly you may need to allow cookies to be written by your browser.
Note: we do not gather any information about you from cookies you might receive while using this course.
To check that your browser enables cookies:
Cookies should be enabled by default for Internet Explorer and Netscape users. To check the settings:
- Internet Explorer Users:
Go to Tools | Internet Options | Security Tab. The Internet Zone should be highlighted, and the slider below
should be set to Medium. To check the settings for Medium, the user can click the Custom Level button and
scroll down to Cookies. They should automatically be set to "Enabled". If not, the user can click the "Reset"
button, or enable them manually by clicking the appropriate radio button.
- Firefox Users:
Go to Tools | Options | Click the Privacy Icon | Under the Cookies Heading, click the check box next to
Accept cookies from sites.
BACK TO TOP
(800) 648-7450 | 9:00AM – 5:00PM Eastern Time
(518) 373-6800 | 24 hours a day
www.miladyonline.cengage.com | www.milady.cengage.com
With Your Comments on This Online Course
Milady strives to make the learning experience comprehensive, convenient, based on
real-life settings, interesting, etc. We are interested in your comments about this course.
Please email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Milady, a part of Cengage Learning
5 Maxwell Drive
Clifton Park, NY 12065-2919
Attn: Customer Service Department
(Please include the course title and ISBN)
For Orders, Product and Company Information
Please contact your sales representative at (800) 998-7498 x2700 or contact Customer Service at (800) 347-7707
BACK TO TOP
SYSTEM REQUIREMENTS | TECHNICAL SUPPORT